reggae

reggae

lunes, 12 de septiembre de 2011

Important Person: Bob Marley

Hi I'm gonna  talk to you about a really important person that have influence in so many ways in y life, this man is named Robert Nesta Marley Aka: Bob Marley. He was born on Jamaica (6 February 1945) he was a singer and a songwritter musician. He was the rhythm guitarist and lead singer for the ska, rocksteady and reggae band Bob Marley & The Wailers (1963–1981). He is like the most important icon for Jamaica and for Rastafari movement. Bob Marley has been  an infuence for millions of people becuse he succesfully has make his measagge herd. His best-known hits include "I Shot the Sheriff", "No Woman, No Cry", "Could You Be Loved", "Stir It Up", "Jamming", "Redemption Song", "One Love" and, together with The Wailers, "Three Little Birds", "Buffalo Soldier". He died 11 May 1981 in miami because the spread of melanoma in his lungs.

Why is he important in society?

He show society hoy to threat heatred and violence and how they have to react for not generate more violence.

He also teach yhe importance of love in every people`s life.

And he teach so many things, but is diferent in every person.

Why is he important in my life?

He open my mind, my soul and my eyes he make me realize that I was blind, I really like war stuff, I also like to fight and hurt people. He me realize that with love in my heart I can solve every problem. He also open my ears to hear different type of music, before I used to hear only Heavy Metal, Blues and proggresive and experimental rock fusion, but I realize that What I`ve really like is intensive lyrics and lyrics that make me think and meditate about mu society problems.

"Conquer the devils with a little thing called love"(Bob Marley) These is one of the phrases he used very constantly and with these words he have changed so many differents lives, with tehese words he make us see that everone have a second chance, a new oportunity ti live life in a different toughts.

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"(Bob marley) What these word means is that you dont have to have wrong ideas in your mind, you are free to believe in whatever you want you dont need to think the same things everybody thiks, you are owner of your own toughts.

My favorite lyrics of Bob Marley are this:
Three Little Birds:
 
"Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"
Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', "This is my message to you-ou-ou:"

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, worry about a thing, oh!
Every little thing gonna be all right. Don't worry!"
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing" - I won't worry!
"'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right" - I won't worry!
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, oh no!
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!
 
I also like very much the way he creates his music, he try to have a lot of differtent musical fusion, his music was so simple but every chord he used makes you happy.
 
Bob Marley an icon for reggae music and also a one of the most important persons in my life.

Bob Marley wrote some of the best songs of the last 50yars . He wrote about injustice on the poor people of jamiaca. his fantastic music and beat would relax an 8 day clock that was just wound. play one of his tunes on musak and every one starts tapping their feetor their fingers. unfortunatly he died way before his time janis and jimmy imagine what the music world would be like if those 3 were still around. bob marley affected music the same way dylan did and still does, he just left you with your mouth agap with a stunned look on your face. bob m.would have been up there with bob d. listening to others trying to equal the impact on peoples ears like they did and still do.

Bob Marley has been able to do what many intellectuals sympathetic to Rastafari have not been able to do and that is to articulate the ideas of the Rastafarian community to the wider world.

Many people critizice him because his addiction to drugs, specificly canabbis also knowed as ganjah, dub, duby, marihuana, marijuana. He constantly consume this drug and some people didnt like these addiction he has, this addition is what makes his dead so early, but I think that we cant judge him for this addiction is so easy to critizice being just an spectator. But if he likes marihuana I`m okay with that.

He show me hoe to appreciate the wonderfull of my world, that any problem is not to big to find a bigger and grater solution. I am proud to say that I`m a Bob Marley fan.

Thank You.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario